SAUDI GERMAN HOSPITAL AJMAN
The mission of Pulmonology (Respiratory or Chest) department is to provide the patients with highest standards of patient care. Our scope of services is to provide unique, environmentally friendly hospital services at the highest quality standards.
- Allergic disorder group of diseases including allergic asthma and bronchitis, allergic rhinitis, allergic sinusitis, and allergic conjunctivitis.
- Patient education for asthma management including important fact sheet information and videos, effective use of different types of inhalers techniques and nebulizers, monitoring of asthma at home or work-place using Peek Expiratory Flow Meters (PEFM).
- Cigarette and Shisha smoking directly related lung disorders including chronic bronchitis, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and respiratory failure.
- Education and supportive care to encourage patients quitting smoking.
- Upper & lower respiratory tract infections including a wide scope of viral & bacterial infections such as common cold, nasopharyngitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and pleurisy.
- Assessment and management of chronic dry cough and related disorders including chronic sinusitis, asthma and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Assessment and management of a chronic cough productive of significant secretions (with or without haemoptysis) including bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, and lung abscess.
- Diagnosis and management of pulmonary tuberculosis conditions including lungs parenchyma and pleural effusion.
- Diagnosis & management of interstitial lung diseases including idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis, acute and chronic hypersensitivity pneumonitis, and Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM).
- Assessment and management of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea disorders.
- Early diagnosis of bronchial cancer using low dose computed tomography scan at a high-risk group of smokers.
- Diagnosis and management of pleural diseases and effusions including pleurisy, community infections, tuberculosis and primary malignancy (mesothelioma) or metastases.
- Regular check-up of workers at some industries for special occupational diseases including asthma, asbestoses, silicosis, & pneumoconiosis.
- Regular vaccination campaign in autumn season each year for influenza targeting the vulnerable group of patients including elderly, pregnant ladies and chronic medical conditions (e.g. asthma, COPD, renal failure, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, malignancies).
- Regular Pneumococcal and Haemophilus influenza type b vaccination for the patient with advanced cases of chronic respiratory conditions like COPD and respiratory failure.
- Management of respiratory conditions at intensive care unit including the patient on mechanical ventilation with pneumonias or respiratory failure.