SAUDI GERMAN HOSPITAL - AJMAN
The SGH Dietetics department service is available for all inpatients and outpatients during their treatment through personalized attention to our patients and families with regards to their diet and well-being in a more professional way.
- Identifying nutrition problems and assessing the nutritional status of patients admitted in the hospital through Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT).
- Assessing, promoting, protecting, and enhancing the health of the general public in a community setting / Hospital setting.
- Developing diet plans and counseling patients on special diet modifications and providing strategies for prevention of nutrition-related diseases.
- Managing food production, distributing high quality meals/snacks, and monitoring sanitation and safety standards in a food service setting.
Our Services & Specialties support for patients:
- Diet for Normal/ Healthy Individuals.
- Therapeutic Nutrition assessment: Diet in Diabetic Individuals.
- Diet in Kidney disease: Chronic Kidney disease (Pre Dialysis stages), diets for dialyzed patients (Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis)
- Expertise in Nutrition Support/ Enteral Nutrition – ICU feeding
- Expertise in Pre/Post-surgical diets.
- Pediatric Diet Counselling: Infants, school going children, Adolescents.
- Special Diets in Pediatric: Diet in Cystic Fibrosis, Minimal Change disease (Nephrotic Syndrome), Failure to thrive,
- Diet in diseases of Liver, Pancreas, Gallbladder and Gastro intestinal tract.
- Diets for Pregnant and Lactating mothers. Diet in Gestational Diabetes.
- Diets for specific age groups (Geriatric, Adults and Pediatric).
- Diets in various Gastro Intestinal disorders like Constipation, IBS, IBD, Celiac disease etc.
- Diet in various Cancers.
- Diet for various anti-inflammatory diseases like arthritis, Crohn’s, IBS, MS, Thyroid disorders.
- Diet for Pre – Bariatric / Post – Bariatric Surgery.
- Weight Loss diets.
- Diet in Cardio vascular disease, Diets in Hypertension and Cholesterol management.
- Diet in Metabolic Syndrome/Disease.
- Diet in Multiple Food Allergies – Gluten Intolerance, Lactose Intolerance, etc.
- Diet in Eating disorders – Anorexia, Bulimia etc.
- Diet in Neuro diseases, stroke, Facial paralysis, etc.
- Diets in Nutritional deficiencies such as Anemia, PEM (Protein Energy Malnutrition), Kwashiorkor, Vitamin D deficiency etc.
In Patient Dietary Services:
- Nutritional assessment of patients at the time of admission and verbal counselling is given.
- Creates customized nutritional programs based on the health needs of patients and counsel patients on how to improve their health through nutrition
- Everyday visits to all patients by Dietician.
- Patient and Family education.
Out Patient Dietary Services:
- Diet counseling is done to the patients as per their health diagnosis/condition or on the advice of the treating consultant.
- To conduct OPD Clinics to provide expertise in nutrition, as well as promote health and prevent disease.
- Diet counselling for any Walk In/Referral by treating Consultant.
- Diet Plan to be given after verbal counselling for the patients.
Call : 800 2211 / 800 SGHUAE(744823)
Email at : email@example.com